Google

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hearing Protection - Quick Follow Up

By the way, if you really want to save your hearing, you should be using hearing protection during other times too. I know I'm starting to sound like your mother but heed the advice. Here are some examples of where I wear my hearing protection:
  • When I'm mowing the lawn,
  • When I'm using a power saw, hammer, chainsaw, etc., or visiting a friend's construction site,
  • When I go to an automotive sporting event (drag race, Nascar, etc.),
  • When I go watch my friends target practice at a range,
  • Oh, and when I ride the subway, bus, etc.
These are just a few examples. Do you see any parallels in your life? I carry earplugs wherever I go, just in case. Do you need to do the same? Maybe not but it wouldn't hurt to be prepared. Earplugs are lightweight and take up almost no room in your pocket! You could just use your fingers to plug your ears but what happens if there is a sudden noise and you're having a sloppy sandwich? Do you really want to end up with mayonnaise in your ears? Oh, what the heck, it'll provide a better seal. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home